Fleas and ticks are two of the most common pests that can plague your home. In this article, we will discuss how to control fleas and ticks around your home using natural methods.
How do I get rid of fleas and ticks?
Controlling fleas and ticks around your home can be a daunting task, but there are many ways to achieve success. Here are some tips:
- Apply a topical insecticide to the areas where you see fleas and ticks. Follow the product label instructions carefully. This will help to kill the fleas and ticks on contact.
- Remove any bedding, pet bedding, or other items that may contain fleas or ticks. Vacuum all floors and furniture in the area regularly.
- Wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt when outdoors in areas where ticks are common. Use an appropriate insect repellent on exposed skin.
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris that could provide harborage for fleas or ticks. Rake up leaves and sweep away debris often.
- Be sure to consult with your veterinarian if you have questions about controlling fleas or ticks in your home.
How do I get rid of fleas in my house fast?
There are a few things that you can do to get rid of fleas quickly around your home:
- Vacuum regularly, including upholstered furniture and along baseboards. Be sure to use a powerful vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
- Use a fleaicide on all pets and areas where they spend time, such as the floors and beds. Follow the directions on the product label.
- Use a tick repellent containing DEET on yourself and your pets. Reapply as needed, especially after walking in tall grass or near wild animals.
Pay particular attention to areas where pets sleep
- one of the most common areas for fleas and ticks to thrive.
- Remove any unnecessary furniture or clutter from these areas
- Keep your pets groomed and treated for fleas and ticks regularly
- Use a tick preventative such as Frontline Plus on your pets
If you don’t want to find fleas on your dog, buy a Scalibor collar from the Petissimo ecommerce store.
Deposit fleas in hot soapy water to kill them
Controlling fleas and ticks around your home can be done by following a few simple steps. First, place articles of clothing that have been worn in areas where fleas or ticks are known to be common in a trash can. This will help trap any fleas or ticks that fall off of the article of clothing while it is still in the trash can. Second, use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dirt and debris from around your house. This will help to kill any fleas or ticks that may be living on the surface. Finally, pour a pot of hot soapy water outside and place articles of clothing inside the pot to kill any fleas or ticks that may be on them.
It’s important to remember that fleas and ticks can be tough pests to get rid of, especially if they’ve gotten a foothold in your home. Here are some tips on how to control these pesky critters:
- Keep your home clean – Maintaining a squeaky-clean house is one of the best ways to ward off fleas and ticks. Vacuum regularly, wash all surfaces with soap and water, and remove any pet hair or dander from furniture and walls.
- Use insecticides – If you do find fleas or ticks in your home, use an EPA-registered pesticide such as pyrethrin or permethrin according to the instructions on the label. Be sure to read all directions carefully before using pesticides, and keep children away from them until the product has dried.
- Check for ticks daily – Ticks can hide in various places around your home, so it’s important to check every nook and cranny each day for signs of them (for example, blood smears). Remove any tick that you find promptly using one of the recommended methods listed above.